Besan Sheera or halwa is the most delicious and wonderful dessert which works wonder in treating cough and cold. This delicious Besan Sheera Recipe is best for every age group. Apart from cough and cold this Besan Sheera has numerous health benefits. Such as if you are suffering from common cold, you can easily take this, after some time you will start feeling better and it is sure you never think about to going to doctor for this common problem. Usually common cold takes 4 to 5 days to cure but with this desert you will immediately start feeling better after taking this.
This Indian dessert is made with very simple ingredients, which is always available at our homes. This is a very old effective nuskha from ages. It is always recommended by our parents and grandparents at the time of cold and flu. This is recommended because of it has garam taseer and helps in producing heat in your body. Drink hot Besan Sheera and sleep and next morning you will get to know how effective this home remedy is. This hot Besan Sheera Recipe is very good for clearing your thought completely.
Basic Ingredients Which We Need:
- One small bowl of Besan ( chickpea flour)
- One small bowl of desi ghee or clarified butter
- Cardamom powder a pinch
- Saffron a pinch
- Jaggery powder
- Water half cup
- Chopped almonds
All the ingredients have lots of health benefits such as ghee is considered as a liquid gold for the body, Besan is best for winters and gives a warmth to the body, chopped almonds is a one of the yummiest and healthy nut for the winters.
Preparation time of Besan Sheera Recipe 20 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
How To Make Besan Sheera Recipe:
- Take thick bottom pan and heat that on the low flame for a minute.
- Then add a small bowl of desi ghee in that pan. Desi ghee should be well melted in the pan.
- After a minute add a bowl of besan in the pan and roast it on the low flame.
- Keep roasting the besan 3 to 5 minutes until color changes or leaves a nice aroma.
- Now add jaggery powder in that and mix it for next 1 minute.
- After that add half cup of water in it and make sure the mixture is totally lump free.
- Keep on stirring continuously.
- And wait for another a minute, and wait for another nice bowl. The consistency of the Besan Sheera should be thin.
- Not it is ready to eat. Turn of the flame. Add cardamom powder as per your choices of spices and chopped almonds for the garnishing.
- Now your Besan Sheera is ready to serve.
Its upto you, you want to take it hot or cold. For very bad flu it is advised to take Besan Sheera for 2 to 3 days consecutive days along with steam. Serve hot.