Love cooking and today you want to try Halwa then let’s talk about traditional Moong Dal Halwa. Well, this is one of the recipes that wins over any other ones. The reason behind the mouth-watering and the taste is just out of the world. On the other hand, it is one of the delicacies that you can prepare this for your dear ones on special occasions and the festivals and you can serve this as dessert after the meal. Additionally, Moong Dal is rich in proteins and can be your go-to source for the nutritional requirements. Even that you can add dry fruits in it, to give it royal flavor and you can make it only with Moong Dal. Now let’s start the preparation to make Moong Dal Halwa and then here we go.
Ingredients To Make A Delicious Dish
3 cup Moong Dal, 1 ½ cup sugar, 1 cup ghee, 3 cup water, 2 tablespoon chopped almonds, 5 green cardamoms, 1 cup milk, 2 tablespoon chopped cashews, and you can also add your favorite dry fruits to add your taste in this.
Step By Step Guide Of The Moong Dal Halwa
- The first and foremost soak 1 cup of the Moong Dal (split husked yellow mung lentils) in enough water overnight for 4 to 5 hours. I soaked the lentils overnights.
- After that, you have to drain it perfectly and then grind the Moong Dal to a smooth paste with some more water
- Now, take a pan and use 9 to 10 tablespoon ghee and heat it over gas until it melts.
- When clarified completely melts then add the ground Moong Dal.
- Stir well, from iron Kadai the Halwa has shifted to a nonstick Kadai. When stirring and mixing the Halwa in the Kadai, it started sticking so much. I don’t want so much work. Scrapping and stirring the Halwa. So, I shifted the whole halwa mixture to a nonstick Kadai. It was very easy to stir the Halwa then.
- Now, keep stirring the Halwa on the medium flame. This Halwa has an aroma of the moong lentils and it should go away completely before you start the next step. First, the Halwa is pasty, the start getting lumpy and then it’d start breaking down and getting separated with fat releasing from the sides.
- Now, in the other pan, take 1 cup of milk and sugar. Keep this pan on the stovetop and stir continuously so that sugar gets dissolves and starts boiling. And now needs to be added to the fried Moong Dal. Then stir the mixture well.
- The liquid should get absorbed and once again you’ll see the ghee getting separated and now add cardamom powder, chopped cashews, chopped almonds and 10-12 chopped unsalted pistachios with 1tbs golden raisins. Now, stir this until get completely dry and separated, this is what too much of working and stirring with hands does to you.
- Take a breath of relief, thanks to your hands and serve Moong Dal ka Halwa to everyone and enjoy those moments.