No dish can compare the veg biryani recipe and taste. The aromatic fragrance of veg biryani mesmerizes the person. It is the blend of spices, veggies, nuts as well as herbs. Moreover, veg biryani is served as the main course.
It will require approximately one hour to cook. In addition to it, veg biryani consists of 533 calories. Now there are numerous recipes related to veg biryani. Here is the restaurant-style veg biryani recipe that you must try once.
Ingredients Required For Veg Biryani Recipe:
- Basmati rice- 1 cup (soaked in the water)
- Green cardamom- 5
- Salt- 1 teaspoon
- Ghee- 1 teaspoon
- Cloves- 4
- Cashew- 3 tablespoon
- Medium-sized onion- 2
- Potato- 1
- Medium-sized Carrot- 1
- Green beans- 6
- Cauliflower- ½ cup
- Ginger- 1 (crushed)
- Garlic- 5 cloves
- Milk- 30 ml
- Saffron- a pinch
- Oil- 1.5 tablespoons
- Green chilies- 2
- Cumin seeds- ½ teaspoon
- Bay leaf- 1
- Black Peppercorns- 3
- Cinnamon stick- 1
- Plain yogurt- 1/3 cup
- Red chili powder- ½ teaspoon
- Rosewater- 1 or 1.5 teaspoon
- Mint- 2 tablespoons (chopped)
- Biryani masala- 1.5 teaspoon
The Procedure Of Making Veg Biryani Recipe
- The first step is soaking the rice. Soak the rice in the 4 cup water. Keep it for 30 minutes. After that, drain the water.
- Pour the water into the pot and heat it, add the cardamom, salt, cloves in it. Boil it.
- Add the rice, and stir continuously with the help of a spoon. It will take around 6-7 minutes.
- Add the ghee in the pan and keep it on the medium heat. After that, add the chopped onion. Cook the onion unless it will turn into golden brown. Place this onion on the plate.
- In the same pan, cook the cashew unless golden brown. It will take hardly 2 minutes. Keep the cashews on the plate.
- Again use the same pan and add potato. Cook it for 3 minutes. After that sauté the cauliflower, carrots, beans for 4 minutes.
- Moving further for saffron milk, pour the milk into the pan and heat it. After that, add the saffron into the warm water. Please keep it for ten to fifteen minutes. You will observe the beautiful yellow color. It indicates that the saffron mill is ready.
- Add the oil into the pan. After heating it, add the cinnamon stick, cumin seeds, bay leaf, cardamom, and slice onion. After that, add the salt in it.
- Cook the mixture for 5 minutes and add the paste of chilies, ginger and garlic paste.
- Remove the pan after whisking the yogurt in it. Place the pan on the heat and add all the toss and vegetables in it.
- Sprinkle the red chili powder and biryani masala on the veggies after adding the water (1/4 cup) and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
Steps For Biryani Layers:
- Take the pan and grease it. Add a rice layer (use half rice). Place the half of fried onion and cashew.
- Pour the rose water and add the fried veggies. Further, add the next layer of rice. Place the rest of the cashew, onion, and mint on the rice layer.
- Pour the saffron milk, as well as one teaspoon, rose water on top. Pour 1 or 2 teaspoons of ghee on it.
- Cover the pan by aluminum foil. Heat the pan and place your biryani pot on it. Cook it on a low flame for 30 minutes.
Now your biryani is ready to serve. Veg biryani recipe requires patience and time too. You can serve it with yogurt, or buttermilk.