Arriving guests at home and you want to serve them vegan food, and then what is better than mushroom tikka as an appetizer. It is great choice to serve mushroom as main dish or appetizer. Mushroom is full of flavours and high in vitamin, fibre, and minerals. It is good if you indulge mushroom in your daily diet, it has high amount of protein. You can serve mushroom tikka with mint chutney. Make these crispy restaurant style mushroom tikka recipe.
Mushroom Tikka Recipe:
We need thick yogurt for mushroom tikka recipe so we need to strain the yogurt using a strainer with a bowl below it. Keep yogurt aside for 20-30 minutes until it become thick in consistency. Put strained yogurt in a large bowl.
- Now add besan/gram flour, coriander powder, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, garam masala salt and chaat masala, oil, turmeric powder.
- Mix all of them together with the help of whisk.
- Marinade is ready and you can add mushrooms in it. Clean mushroom before putting them into bowl.
- Cover the bowl with lid and put the marinade in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven at 400 F degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Take bowl out of the refrigerator and arrange the mushrooms on skewer, arrange mushroom in a way that they can cook perfectly not too close not too far.
- Place the skewer on the aluminium foil sheet, you can use a non-stick spray before placing skewer on the sheet.
- Roast mushrooms for 15-20 minutes at 400 F degrees.
- Mushroom tikka is ready. Serve them hot with mint chutney.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon almond milk yogurt, or use regular whole milk yogurt
- 2 teaspoons ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon+1 teaspoon besan, gram flour
- 1.5 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon kashmiri red chili powder, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons mustard oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 10 oz mushrooms, around 290 grams, I used a mix of white and cremini mushrooms
- lemon or lime wedges, for serving
- Use fresh and thick curd for marinating.
- Wash mushrooms in running water so that their skin peeled off.
- You can add one tea spoon of mustered oil in the marinade, it will give good flavour.
- To make mint chutney, you can whisk thick curd with salt. Blend a few mint leaves with green chilli and add them with beaten curd.
- If you also want to use these mushroom tikka in main course then you can add these tikka in the masala gravy.
- For masala gravy you can make any kind of masala gravy and put mushroom tikka in that. It taste delicious and mouth watering.