Momos are a ubiquitous snack that is loved by kids a lot. Even in many of the houses, the momos recipe is prepared now and then. Basically, it is the famous street food that originated in Tibet. The best part of this street food is it is full of vegetables and is steamed.
So, if you don’t know how to make momos recipe at home, then this post is written for you. Through this, you will know step by step momos recipe so that you can make your kids happy. Let’s start with momos recipe: –
- Preparation time- 10 minutes
- Cooking time- 25 minutes
- Total time- 35 minutes
- Serving- 12 persons
Ingredients Used To Make Momos Recipe
- Half cup maida or take plain flour
- Half tsp salt
- For kneading, water must be there
- Oil for greasing
- Oil 3 tsp
- Garlic clove three must be finely chopped
- Ginger I inch finely chopped
- Take two chilies finely chopped
- Spring onion 4 tbsp
- Carrot 1 cup grated
- Cabbage 2 cups shredded
- Half tsp pepper finely crushed
- Half tsp salt
How To Make Veg Momos?
- First, take a large mixing bowl and add maida and salt into it.
- Now, add some water into it and knead the dough for at least 5 minutes
- Ensure that the dough should be soft, so to make it extra soft, add more water into it.
- After that, grease the dough with oil and make it rest for around 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, ensure that you prepare the stuffing after heating one tsp oil and saute three garlic cloves and ginger one inch and chili.
- Next, on high flame also add 2 tbsp spring onion and saute
- After doing this, add one cup carrot, cabbage 2 cup and stir fry them on high flame
- Now, add half tsp salt and pepper into it.
- Make sure that you don’t overcook vegetables
- Also, make sure that you also add an additional 2 tbsp spring onion when the mixture gets ready
- Moreover, after 30 minutes when the dough gets ready, knead it well again
- Now, take a small amount of dough and make it flat by creating its ball
- After that dust down with maida and start to roll with the help of rolling pin
- After that take a stuffing and prepare it in the center
- Next start pleating the edges after gathering from all around
- Press the momos from the middle and seal it after forming the bundle
- After making all the momos now heat the steamer
- Steam the momos for approximately 10-12 minutes until they get sheen
- Now, the veg momos recipe is ready to serve with chutney
Nutritional Data In Veg Momos Recipe
- Carbs- 68.6 g
- Fats- 3.6 grams
- Protein- 12.9 g
- Calories- 357.1 kcal
- Sodium- 414.3 mg
So, above is the veg Momos recipe, which will make your mouth-watering and delectable.