If you talk about the Chana masala recipe from Indian’s perspective, then it is a very famous dish among the people. And the best part is this Chana masala recipe is served in almost every occasion like festivals, marriages, parties, etc. this means Chana Masala is one of the favorite options of Indian buffets.
However, it is just hearty, very saucy, as well as spicy chickpea that is garnished with various ingredients. The best part is all the ingredients which is used to make this dish is readily available at home. So, get ready to make yourself an excellent chef and make your near and dear one’s taste buds delectable.
Even more, this Chana Masala recipe can be the main meal or it can be a side dish. However, it is gluten-free means healthy for the individual body.
Main Ingredients To Make Chana Masala Recipe
- Take around 800 grams chickpeas can be canned or jar giant
- Quartered three onions
- Garlic cloves at least 3
- Tiny pieces of ginger
- Green chilies according to taste you can chop them
- Ghee one and a half spoon
- Coriander half spoon
- Cumin seeds half tbsp
- Chilli powder optional
- Amchoor powder is also optional
- Tomatoes chopped around 300 to 400 grams
- Lemon juice
- Coriander leaves to garnish
How To Cook Chana Masala Recipe?
- First, drain the chickpea in the pressure cooker and add some water into it to let them boil.
- After they get a boil, set them aside for cool
- Now, put the pan on heating and add some oil into it.
- After that add chopped onions mix by adding a pinch of salt into it.
- You have to cook these onions for around 8-10 minutes until they get softened.
- Now stir all the spices in the fried onions and cook them for 3 minutes by adding a chickpea. But ensure that you will allow chickpea to stick at the bottom of the pan.
- Now, at last, you can garnish Chana Masala recipe with tomato
Tips For Cooking Chana Masala Recipe
- The individual must soak Chana overnight before putting it for boiling as it will lower down the cooking time.
- If you add a pinch of cooking soda or soda bicarbonate in the Chana while boiling, it will make them softer. However, you can also boil without adding, but it will take much time.
- Ensure that you only use good and flavored Chana Masala for authentic taste and flavor.
- Calories- 344 kcal
- Protein- 14g
- Fat- 11g
- Saturated fat- 1g
- Potassium- 712 mg
- Vitamin A-185IU
- Calcium- 91mg
This Channa Masala recipe is one of the unique dishes that is liked by almost every individual in India and abroad. And no doubt, the gravy of roasted and pureed onion and tomato deliver extraordinary flavor to the dish. The best part is cooking time to prepare this dish is also very less.