A form of cooked scrambled eggs, popularly known as anda bhurji in India, is a blend of eggs and Indian spices. This Egg Bhurji Recipe is famous dish in every region in India
Coming to the southern part of India, egg bhurji is eaten with rice and chapati. In north India people have it with plain paratha or roti. While some people enjoy egg bhurji with pav. This combo in street food is popularly known as bhurji pav. Heavily loaded with veggies like tomato, chilies, onions, and the soothing smell, these scrambled eggs contribute to a satisfying meal substantially and can be prepared in few minutes.
Just like paneer bhurji, it is made in the same way and has a wide range of variations. These variations are made by trying out different ingredients. This blog will help you make it and achieve that unforgettable taste of the masala egg bhurji recipe.
Ingredients For Masala Egg Bhurji Recipe
- 2 to 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon green chillies
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 5-6 curry leaves (don’t use more than that)
- 1/2 cups chopped onion slices
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 small tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped capsicum
How To Prepare
1. Wash the bowl and break the eggs into it.
2. Now add salt and turmeric powder into it.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a non-stick pan and add jeera & curry leaves to it.
4. When they start to splutter, add onions, chillies, and fry them until they appear golden.
5. Add ginger-garlic paste to it and fry until you get a nice fragrance.
6. Now add the tomato slices to the pan (optional)
7. Now add the capsicum now fry them till they appear soft for 2 to 3 minutes (optional)
8. You can also add garam masala and chili powder together at this stage now.
9. Now pour the eggs and Scrabble them slightly for easy baking. Now keep on cooking and scramble again. Stir it regularly to avoid burning.
10. Now cook till you feel it is completely cooked and ready to eat. You can also add lemon juice according to your likes and enjoy your masala egg bhurji and it’s deliciousness.
Garam masala is completely optional. You can replace it with cumin powder or only coriander or both according to your preferences.
You can even add Green peas while cooking you want to make it a bit more healthy.
Always add coriander leaves at the end because it leaves a different taste when added at the end.
You can cook this dish to any consistency you. Some like ok fully cooked, while some enjoy more whole eating almost cooked bhurji.
Make sure that eggs are scrambled properly as these are the one you’re actually preparing. The rest of the ingredients are complimentary. So ensure well that the eggs are well scrambled.