Pasta is an Italian dish and liked by every age group. If you are looking for white sauce pasta recipe then read this blog. White sauce pasta is a delicious dish that is made by milk, butter, cheese herbs and of pasta. This is one of the easiest dishes that can be cooked at home with a few ingredients that are available at home.
If you like vegetables or want to make your pasta more yummy and colorful then you can add different sauteed or roasted vegetables in it. The vegetable like carrots, green peas, beans, cauliflower, capsicum, sweet corn, broccoli, zucchini or baby corn can be added in the white sauce pasta recipe. You can add what is available at your home.
List Of Ingredients For White Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour or 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chilled milk or 250 ml chilled milk
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder or add as required
- generous pinch of nutmeg or grated nutmeg
- salt as required
- List of Ingredients for pasta
- 1 cup penne pasta or 100 grams penne pasta
- 4 cups water
- ¼ teaspoon salt or add as required
- other ingredients
- ¼ teaspoon dry oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme or ¾ to 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- for garnish
- any herb of your choice or some spring onion greens, grated cheddar cheese – add as required (optional)
How To Make White Sauce Pasta?
White Sauce Preparation
- Take a saucepan and heat it at the medium-low flame, add two tables spoon butter. You can add salted or unsalted butter whatever is available.
- Add 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour or 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour once the butter melts completely and you see bubbles in it.
- Take a wired whisk and start to string the flour quickly as soon as possible. There must not be any lumps in the mixture. Stir the flour frequently to cook it evenly. Stir the flour till it becomes pale golden or gets an aromatic smell.
Now it’s time to add the chilled milk but before you pour milk sim your flame to low. Add milk gently with one hand and stir the sauce with another to avoid and lumps. We use chilled milk to avoid lumps, using hot milk or room temperature milk can cause lumps in the sauce. Stir occasionally till you get a thick texture of the sauce. Add seasonings ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder, a generous pinch of nutmeg powder and salt as per your taste.
Making White Sauce Pasta
- Pour 4 cups of water in a pan; add ½ teaspoon salt in it.
- Add 1 cup penne pasta when water gets boiled.
- Put the flame on high medium and let the pasta cook.
- Check the pasta if it become soft to an al dente texture and switch off the flame. If you want softer texture of pasta you can cook it more. Strain the pasta with a strainer spoon.
- Now put the pasta in white sauce. Now add 1/4 tea spoon of dried basil and dried thyme and dried oregano. If you want to add any specific herb of your choice then you can add.
- If you want to add steamed or sautéed vegetables then you can also add them.
- Mix all of them.
- Serve hot white sauce pasta with the garnishing of some fresh herbs like parsley, chives or dill. If you want to get some cheesy taste then you can also garnish it with cheddar cheese.