How to wear Saree is the most common question in all women’s mind. A Saree is a traditional Indian costume worn by women and girls. The Saree is a long cloth, from four to nine yards in length, Here I will describe how to wear saree step by step fast and easy way to wear Saree. Wearing a Saree is not just about draping the fabric, you will look even more stunning in Saree if you add the right makeup and accessories.
Prepare The Material
To look completely stunning in Saree, you will need:
- A Saree Blouse
- A long Petticoat
- The Saree
- Safety Pins
- Makeup material and other accessories
Basics For To Wear Saree
- First, wear the Saree blouse and make sure it fits you perfectly and the blouse ends just below your bust.
- Put on a petticoat along with the A petticoat is important, due to the fact that there is saree with fabrics that are transparent. The colour of that petticoat should match with the Saree. It should need to be tied very tightly using a drawstring, otherwise, it would mess up the pleats and fabric tucked inside
- Pick the sandals that you want to wear with the Saree, these will add beauty to your appearance
How to Wear Saree
- Make a note on the top corner of the plain end of the Saree and tuck the knot into the left side of the petticoat. Make sure that the embroideries on the saree are facing out.
- Make a complete turn from right to left. The lower end of Saree should be slightly above the floor.
- Tuck in the fabric around the waist into the petticoat neatly.
Making the Pleats
- With the extra fabric hanging from the tucked area, hold the Saree tightly at one side with your thumbs and pinky fingers.
- Stretch the fabric until you can hold it in between your index and middle fingers which will be about 4 inches wide
- Pleat the fabric by winding the cloth from your thumb to your index finger, make about 6 to 8 pleats
- Tuck the pleats into the petticoat while making sure the pleated sides fall right below your navel.
- Hold the pleats of fabric up and adjust them until they are even and straight.
- Secure your pleats using a safety pin so that they do not move away from each other.
Drape It On
Take the extra Saree and make another complete round from right to left
- Get hold of the decorative end of the Saree (pallu) and pleat the top edges of the pallu.
- Adjust the pleats until they are even and raise the pleated pallu. Bring it under your right arm and place it over your left shoulder.
- Let the end of the saree fall below your knees.
- Secure the pallu with a safety pin from the inside of the blouse and then you are as beautiful as a star!
Special Tips: Adorn the Saree with a beautiful Brooch and you will look classy.