Are you a foodie and always try to cook a different recipe? If yes, then we are here with the easy Indian style macaroni recipe. Macaroni is a type of pasta and is used to make various pasta recipes. Instead of this, macaroni can be substituted in the many recipes which call for the other types of pasta such as penne, fusilli, rigatoni, and many more. For the easy Indian style macaroni recipe, you can add onions, tomatoes and Indian spices to make it tastier and delicious.
If you are health conscious then you can add vegetables as the addition of the veggies in macaroni make the pasta more wholesome and also it adds crunch into it. Well, you can make pasta without the addition of the veggies. You can cook the veggies in the pan, but they can be steamed or sautéed or roasted and then added to the macaroni pasta.
In the macaroni recipe, you can add the cream or cheese and it is generally made in an onion-tomato masala, because of this, you felt tangy taste in the macaroni recipe. Well, this recipe is not spicy and suitable for the children, but you can make it spicy as per your choice only by increasing the use of green chili or red chili powder, black pepper powder, and garam masala powder.
Apart from the spice powders, you can also add some dried mixed herbs such as basil, oregano, parsley, thyme in the macaroni recipe. The addition of the herbs elevates the entire flavor and the taste of the macaroni recipe.
Step By Step Macaroni Recipe
- Take a pan and heat three cup water along with the ½ teaspoon salt. Bring it to boil. In this, you add one heaped cup macaroni or elbow macaroni and continuously stir it with a fork.
- Then, begin to cook macaroni on the medium to medium-high flame. Do not forget to stir it with the fork.
- Cook the macaroni till they are al dente, which means they should have a slight bite to them. After this, drain all the water and keep the cooked macaroni aside.
- In the other pan, heat oil and then add minced garlic, small garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped. Instead of this, you can add garlic-ginger paste.
- Sauté till the garlic is light brown or till its raw aroma goes away. After this, finely chopped onion and mix well, begin to sauté onions on the medium-high flame stirring often. Along with this, add finely chopped tomatoes.
- Now, cover the pan with the lid. In between do check when the cooking tomatoes. Cook tomatoes on a low flame till they become pulpy.
- Now add all the spice powders step by step as well as mix it well for seconds till you get a nice aroma from the spice powders. After this, you can add all your favorite and chopped veggies and mix them well.
- Now, pour one cup of water, mix it well, and cover it with the lid. When the water-soaked then add the boiled macaroni in the veggies. Mix it well on the low flames.
- Now, it is a ready macaroni recipe with the delicious taste.