We know lots of peoples wants to know what is the secret of restaurant-style mutton curry recipe. How the mutton gravy served in the restaurant is so delicious, soft and tangy. So don’t worry here we will give you an easy homemade mutton curry recipe so that you can easily make them for your family at home.
How To Make The Easy Homemade Mutton Curry:
- To make mutton curry delicious, the first thing you need to do is the choice of meat. The choice of meat is very important. Fresh mutton makes the dish completely soft and tenderness.
- Cut the pieces of the mutton equally in shape.
- After cutting the mutton, the next step is to marinate them. To marinate you need to rub the mutton with turmeric and lemon juice and set aside. For more tenderness you can add ½ cup of curd, ½ spoon of garam masala powder, salt, a pinch of turmeric powder, ½ tsp coriander powder and 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste for marination.
- In the next step, heat 2 to 3 tsp of oil in a pan, it’s up to you, you want to use ghee or oil. Add fennel seeds, bay leaf, cardamom, and clove. And sauté all these things in oil for a minute.
- After that add 2 to 3 green chilies, onion paste or slices and ginger garlic paste in the pan. Cook all these things at least till the onion becomes translucent or for onion paste, it should be cooked well. cook till then the raw smell of onion disappears.
- Add tomatoes in the same pan, if you have taken 4 onions then you need to add 6 tomatoes for tanginess. Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, meat masala, red paprika or red chili powder and salt and cook all these things for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes check the tomatoes to break down slightly. Make sure the oil separates from the mixture.
- Add mutton in the pan and mix all the ingredients. If you are using ½ kg mutton than you need to add 1 cup of water and put a lid on.
- If you are using a gas stove, then cover the lid and pressure cook the mutton for 30 to 40 minutes. Don’t open until you hear 5 to 6 whistles.
- After 5 to 6 whistles, you can take the pot off from the stove and make them rest for 5 minutes. It is very important to let the pressure release naturally.
- Once the pressure is released, open the pot and start the flame again. Add a little water if your gravy is thick or if mutton pieces are not soft yet. But if everything is fine no need to do that.
- Add garam masala and stir the mutton gravy for a minute. Add Kasuri Methi or 2 tsp of ghee for a yummiest taste.
- Simmer the mutton curry for the next 5 minutes. Check and adjust the seasoning and serve the homemade mutton curry with the chapatis or rice.