This hummus recipe is most natural to make, light as well as require less time to prepare. You can use this dip on the bread. Before making this dip, it is mandatory to know about the hummus. Usually, people amaze after hearing the name of this dip. Even some masses are not aware of it. It is a mouth-watering dip that is made from lemon, tahini, spices, and chickpea. In addition to it, chickpea is the main ingredient of this dish.
Furthermore, it is the famous dip of the Middle East and the Mediterranean. You can easily make this spread at home. Here is the natural and best hummus recipe.
Why These Ingredients Essential For Hummus Recipe?
- Chickpea- It is the fundamental element of hummus. Use the softened chickpea. It is also known as garbanzo beans. You can quickly get the canned chickpeas from the market.
- Lemon juice- The purpose of using the lemon juice is to give the tangy flavor to this dip.
- Cumin and salt- It enhances the richness as well as flavor.
- Tahini- It is the ground sesame paste that makes the hummus tremendous. It is also readily available in the market or stores.
- Garlic- It also adds the flavor of spiciness in the dip. You can also prefer roasted garlic.
- Olive oil– For the texture, fruity flavor olive oil is used.
Quantity Of Ingredients For Hummus Recipe:
- Chickpeas- 15 ounces
- Baking soda- ½ teaspoon.
- Lemon juice- ¼ cup
- Salt- ½ teaspoon
- Finely chopped garlic- 3 cloves
- Tahini- ½ cup
- Water- 4 tablespoons
- cumin- ½ teaspoon
- Olive oil- 1 tablespoon.
The Procedure Of Making Hummus:
- In the first step, put the chickpeas in the saucepan and sprinkle the baking soda in it. Pour the water in the saucepan and boil it on the high flame. You will appear with the chickpeas blotted, and skins are falling and becoming soft.
- Drain the chickpeas and add the cool water in it. Then again, drain it. Keep it aside.
- In the blender, add the garlic, salt, and lemon juice. Blend it unless the garlic is chopped correctly.
- Further, add the tahini in the blender and blend it unless you will get the thick paste.
- After that, pour the water into the blender. Scrape down it. Again blend it till you do not get the creamy mixture.
- Now add the cumin as well as chickpea in the blender. During blending, add the olive oil. Scrape down the sides of the blender. You can also again add the water in the small quantity. Taste it once. If you find it is less spicy, then you can add the salt in it. Garnish it.
- You can also place it in the refrigerator for more prolonged use.
In the end, hummus recipe consists of 151 calories, 10.6 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 217.4 mg salt, 11.1g carbohydrates, 4.9 g protein.