Bread Roll recipe is another Indian snack that is loved by almost every India, whether they are vegetarian and non-vegetarian. However, you can also say that people universally like this bread roll recipe. Basically, it is cooked with boiled potato and bread.
In reality, it is the deep-fried snack that is eaten with ketchup. While making it white bread is taken but, if it is not available, then you can choose brown bread also. So, if you are looking forward to making this bread roll recipe at home, then this post is made for you. Read it and make your loved ones happy.
Preparation time only 5 minutes
Cooking time 25 minutes
Total time 30 minutes
Serving ten rolls of bread
To Stuff Bread Rolls
- Potatoes around 1.5 cups
- Carrots half cup
- Red or green chili powder ½ to 1/3 tsp
- Garam masala according to taste
- 1/8 tsp Haldi or turmeric
- Amchur or lemon juice ¼ tsp
- Coriander leaves 2 tbsp
For Making Bread Roll
- Take at least ten slices of bread
- Oil for frying
Steps For Binding The Bread Roll
- Take ½ cup milk, or you can also take water
- Flour 2 tbsp
How To Make Bread Roll Recipe?
- First, thoroughly wash and peel the potatoes after that cut them into two pieces and boil them in a pressure cooker.
- On the other hand, if you are using carrots or peas, you can also boil them in the same pressure cooker after taking out boiled potatoes.
How To Prepare The Stuffing For A Bread Roll?
- First, mash the boiled potatoes and then add carrots and peas into it.
- Add all the ingredients like garam masala, turmeric powder, salt according to taste, coriander leaves, amchur powder.
- After that, mix the stuffing thoroughly and make ten equal balls in an oval shape.
- Set them aside.
How To Make A Bread Roll?
- First, trim the edges of the bread and start rolling them with the help of a rolling stick so that it gets flatten like puri. Ensure that you will make a thin sheet to avoid bread from absorbing excess oil.
- Now stir 2 tbsp flour with half cup water and set it aside. After that, smear the milk all over the bread with a brush.
- Put the flour mixture at the end of the roll.
- Now stick the edges of the flour while sealing the inner fillings.
- Now heat some oil in the pan.
- After it gets heated up, put the bread roll in the oil so that it gets fried.
- Fry them until they turn golden brown.
- Serve these hot and crispy bread rolls with sauce or green chutney.
Calories 148 kcal
Calcium 68 mg
Vitamin C 6 mg
Cholesterol 1 mg
Sodium 161 mg
Iron 2.3 mg
Potassium 233 mg
Protein 4 g
So, make this bread roll recipe at home and make your near and dear one happy.