Pav Bhaji is a very famous dish in the northern region of India. Due to its popularity, most health-conscious people always ask for the pav bhaji recipe so that they can make it at home. No doubt, you can eat pav bhaji at any of the Indian hotels or restaurants buy going every time to eat pav bhaji is quite tricky.
On the other hand, it is also famous as street food in India which people eat. However, it is just the delicious blend of mix veggies, which is cooked in butter and species. Basically, pav is called the Indian bread, and bhaji is like a vegetable that is prepared with the help of mashed vegetables prepared with spiced powder.
However, it is very famous in Mumbai, and the best part is it is very affordable. So, if you are looking pav bhaji recipe, then this post is meant for you. Through this readout, you will come to know how the pav bhaji recipe is easily prepared at home. Let’s explore: –
Ingredients For Making Bhaji Recipe
- Some potatoes you can take 1 cup or three medium
- Green peas around ½ to 1/3 cup
- Cauliflower ½ to 1 cup
- Capsicum chopped around ½ cup
- Onions but it is not mandatory
- Green chili according to taste
- Ginger and garlic paste or you can take chopped
- Red chili powder
- Turmeric powder
- Pav bhaji masala
- Tomato one large
- Salt according to taste
How To Make A Pav Bhaji Recipe?
- First boil vegetable in the pressure cooker like cauliflower, potatoes, peas.
- After that, mash them well until it become soft.
- After that take a pan and add one tbsp butter and oil and heat it up
- Next, add finely chopped onion in the heating pan and fry them until it become translucent.
- Then take some ginger garlic paste and chopped green chili into fried onions.
- After that add chopped capsicum and saute it for around 3 to 4 minutes.
- Next, add chopped tomato and salt according to the taste.
- Fry them until tomato turns soft and mushy
- Next add pav bhaji masala, red chili powder to the bhaji
- Mix them well and fry it for around 2 minutes
- Now add those mashed veggies in the mixture.
- Next, pour some water so that their consistency will be made.
- Cook that mixture for 3 to 5 minutes till the bhaji gets thickens.
How To Make Pav?
- First, slit the pav horizontally leaving one edge of the pav intact
- Next heat some butter in a pan
- Now open the pav buns and sprinkle few pinches of pav bhaji masala on it
- After that place the pav in the butter
This is the pav bhaji recipe which you can make at home very quickly and serve to your near and dear ones. However, it is the healthy snack that is rich in vitamins, proteins, etc.