Malai kofta recipe is a very famous and astounding dish that is most sought in Indian restaurants. In this malai is cream, and the kofta is just a fried dumpling ball. These balls are made up of vegetables and potatoes that are mashed and paneer.
And the best part is if you want this malai kofta recipe at home, it is straightforward to cook. So, in this post, we will come up with the most astounding malai kofta recipe with gravy. Let’s explore: –
Preparation time- 30 minutes
Cooking time- 40 minutes
Total time- 1 hour and 10 minutes
Serving- 4 people
Ingredients To Make Malai Kofta
- Crumbled paneer one heaped cup
- Boiled potato one heaped cup and crumbled
- Corn flour 2½ tbsp
- Ginger paste o tbsp
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- Salt as per taste
- Garam masala ½ to 1/3 tsp
- Cashew nuts finely chopped 1tbsp
- Oil for frying
Ingredients For Gravy
- Onions one cup cubed
- 1½ tomatoes also cubed
- Cashews nuts around 15
- Cinnamon sticks one inch
- Cloves 4
- Cardamoms 6 green
Various Other Ingredients To Make This Dish
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Bay leaf 1
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Sugar around ½ to ¾ tsp
- Kasuri methi ½ to ¾ tsp
- Cream 3 to 4 tbsp
Preparing The Gravy Of Malai Kofta Recipe
- First, heat the pan, adding oil in it. Now add cloves, cardamoms, cashews, onions.
- Stir them until onions turn golden brown
- After that add tomatoes and again stir them until they get soft and mushy
- Now, add some water to paste and boil until they get soft
- Next, turn off the stove and blend that paste.
- Now, take another pan and add oil in it. Add bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamoms. Saute them for at least one minute
- After adding ginger garlic paste and then various ingredients for a taste like a chili powder, salt, sugar, etc
- Now add that onion blend paste into it.
- Cook them by adding water until that whole mixture thickens
- Next, add cream to that gravy and then set it aside.
Preparing Malai Kofta Recipe
- Boil some potatoes and mash them with crumbled paneer, ginger paste, cornflour, garam masala, chopped coriander leaves.
- You can add raisins and cashews for the stuffing
- Mix this dough well and make its eight balls
- Now deep fry these malai kofta balls
- Ensure that you fry on medium flame to make them golden and crispy
- Now add those ball to the gravy and also cream around 1 tbsp
- You can garnish malai kofta with coriander leaves.
So, add something new to your daily routine dishes and make your near and dear ones happy while enjoying the meal.