Have you any confusion related to the Gulab Jamun recipe? Here is the answer to all your confusions. Gulab Jamun is counted as the best Indian sweets. Even, on an auspicious day, Gulab Jamun serves as the symbol of happiness. Every occasion is incomplete without the Gulab Jamun.
It is soft as well as mouth-watering berry size balls. It is made of powdered milk, flour and many more ingredients. After that, Gulab Jammun soaked in the sugar syrup. No one can restrict themselves to eating Gulab Jamun. It requires hardly 30 minutes for cooking. Here is the list of ingredients as well as gulab jamun recipe.
Ingredients That Are Used In Gulab Jamun Recipe:
- Milk powder– 1 cup
- All-purpose flour(maida)- 5 tablespoons
- Ghee or oil- 1 teaspoon
- Ghee or oil for greasing- 1 tablespoon
- Milk- 4 tablespoons
- Lemon juice- ¾ tablespoon
- Baking soda- 1 pinch
- Oil for deep frying
- Chopped Pistachios- 1 teaspoon
For Sugar Syrup
- Sugar- 1 ½ cups
- Water- 1 ½ cups
- Rosewater- 1 teaspoon
- Cardamom powder- ¼ teaspoon.
How To Make Sugar Syrup?
- Take a pot or saucepan. Add water, sugar and cardamom powder.
- Boil the mixture unless it starts sticky. After that, please turn off the stove before it reaches a one string consistency.
- Further, add the rose water in it and mix it properly.
How To Make Gulab Jamun Balls?
- Take a bowl and add flour, soda and milk in it. Mix it properly.
- Further, add ghee in it and mix it properly.
- Take a small bowl. Mix the lemon juice and two tablespoon milk in it. Pour this mixture into the bowl of flour.
- Make dough out of the mixture. If you find that the dough is dry, then add milk in small quantities otherwise not.
- When the dough turns sticky, then grease your hand with ghee. Make small sized balls.
- Make sure that when you make balls, then there should be no cracks in it.
- Make around fourteen balls without any cracks.
- Pour the oil into the pan. Heat the oil on medium flame. On the other side, check the sugar syrup. If the sugar syrup is not so hot, then heat it.
- After that check the temperature of the oil by dropping the small piece of ball in it. It should rise slowly without changing the colour.
- Then add the balls into the oil. Fry them on the medium flame for two minutes. After that turns the fire from medium to low. Fry until the colour of balls turns into golden.
- The last step adds the golden gulab jamun in the hot sugar syrup. Serve it with the chopped pistachios.
In the end, follow all the steps for making soft gulab jamun. You can either serve it after lunch or dinner. So make your lunch or dinner special by making soft gulab jamun.