Punjabi Palak Paneer Recipe is a famous recipe for Punjab, which people eat with great enthusiasm. Punjabi Palak Paneer is made from soft cheese and spinach. Both Palak and Paneer are very beneficial for health. Iron is found in abundance in both of them. It is delicious and healthy recipe. You can deep fry the cheese and then prepare your dish by mixing it in spinach gravy. But eating Palak Paneer made from Punjabi style is very tasty and healthy. You can use aromatic ghee to make Punjabi Palak Paneer recipe spicy and restaurant style. You can add curd fresh milk cream to give it a rich and creamy texture.
How To Keep Gravy In Green Color
- To retain the green color in the Punjabi Palak Paneer recipe, Palak should be blanched with the correct method. If you want your recipe to be good, then follow the time and process given below.
- If you want the color of your Palak greasy to be green, then you should not use any spices like turmeric, red chili powder, etc. Spices can change your recipe color.
- Add all the ingredients in the right quantity and cook in the proper amount.
Primary ingredients for making Punjabi Palak Paneer recipe
Palak, Paneer, Green chilies, Cashew nuts, Heavy whipping cream
How To Blanch The Palak For Punjabi Palak Paneer Recipe
- Put 5 cups of water in a rolling pot and boil the water.
- After boiling the water, add a little salt, and Palak leaves and cook it for 4 minutes.
- Now separate the water, and Palak leaves with the help of colander and put the Palak leaves in ice-cold water.
- Now grand it well and keep it aside.
How To Make Punjabi Palak Paneer Recipe
- First of all, you take a saucepan then add chopped green chilies, chopped onion, cashews, and a cup of water to it and boil it.
- You can cook all these for 15 minutes or until the onion is soft. Out of this, about 80% of the water will be evaporating.
- Grind it well after it cools down.
- Now take a pan and heat it by adding some oil to it on medium heat. After the oil is hot, add ginger and garlic paste to it. You should fry it well in oil for 30 seconds.
- Now add tomatoes to it and mash it well.
- Now you can add the paste made of onion and cook it for 2 minutes, do not brown paste.
- Now you add this paste to the Palak paste.
- Inside the gravy, add black salt, garam masala, a little salt, crushed kasoori methi, and some water and boil the paste.
- Now put the piece of cottage Paneer inside this paste and heat it for two-three minutes until the Paneer becomes hot.
- Now you can add heavy whipping cream or malai.
- Stir it, and Punjabi Palak Paneer recipe is ready to serve.
Punjabi Palak Paneer Recipe is one of the best and popular Paneer Recipes to be liked in North India. You can eat Palak Paneer with rotis, naan, paratha, cumin rice, maize bread, and biryani rice.