Kashmiri dum aloo recipe is one of the delicious cuisines of India, which is liked by most of the Indian residing all over the world. Besides, it is also famous by the name of Kashmiri Shahi Potato Curry. Basically, the potatoes are fried deep and then put in gravy made up of curd.
The main reason for the delectable taste of this dish is spices, which make it love by people. So, if you want to make this dish at your home, then follow the below instructions and serve it to your family and friends.
- Prepare to time: – 20 minutes
- Total cooking time: – approximately 30 minutes
- Serving: – 4 people
Required Ingredients To Make
- Take 12 small Potatoes
- Curd 1.5 cups
- Dry Kashmiri Red Chilies 4 must be deseeded and powdered
- Grated Fresh Ginger 1 tsp
- Crushed Garlic 1 tsp
- Cashew nut powder 1 tbsp
- Green Cardamom Powder 1/3 tsp
- Fennel Seed powder 1/3 tsp
- Cumin Powder 1/3 tsp
- Coriander Powder 1 tsp
- Take 1 Bay leaf and break it into small pieces
- Asafoetida 1 pinch
- Turmeric Powder ¼ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder ½ tsp
- Fresh Coriander Leaves 1tbsp
- Cooking Oil for deep frying 4tbsp
- Salt as per your taste
- Water 1/3 cup
How To Prepare A Dum Aloo Recipe?
- Take small potatoes, then peel and pick them with the help of a fork. Now, soak the potatoes in salt water for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- After that, heat the oil in a pan for deep frying potatoes. Then drain all the potatoes until they turn golden brown.
- To make gravy, mix Kashmiri chili powder, curd, ginger, garlic, cashew nut powder, fennel seed powder, cardamom powder, cumin powder, and coriander powder.
- Take another pan and heat 4 tbsp oil in it. After that, sauté asafetida and bay leaves only for 30 seconds.
- Now add salt as per your taste, 1/3 cup water, and turmeric powder.
- Let the mixture boil and add already prepared spiced curd mixture into it.
- When the mixture starts boiling, add deep-fried potatoes and garam masala powder.
- After that, heat the potatoes on low flame until they start absorbing gravy and when oil comes to the surface. Now turn off the heat.
- Now Kashmiri dum aloo recipe is ready to serve. So, transfer it in a bowl and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
Nutritional Value Of Kashmiri Dum Aloo Per Serving
- Fat – 31g
- Calories – 470 calories
- Sodium – 406mg
- Cholesterol – 7mg
- Saturated fat – 4g
- Fiber – 10g
- Potassium – 1261mg
- Sugar – 3g
- Carbohydrates – 41g
- Calcium – 222mg
- Protein – 10g
- Vitamin A – 950IU
- Vitamin C – 29.1mg
- Iron – 10.1mg
I hope this delicious Kashmiri dum aloo recipe will make your mouth full of water. So, if you want to taste this dish, then follow the above instructions carefully and make your family happy.