If you’re someone who loves spicy food like Mutton recipe, then you should taste Punjabi Mutton Curry. It is an amazing, tender meat curry that you can have with almost all Indian breads. It tastes fantastic with tandoori roti, butter roti, and even garlic naan.
Meat lovers enjoy having into this best-known mutton recipe because it is truly delicious. This mouth-watering non – veg dish is a real delicacy, cooked in ghee in spices, onion, tomato, mutton, and yogurt. We are going to talk about Punjabi Mutton Recipe with Curry.
Ingredients You Need For Mutton Recipe:
- 500 gm mutton
- Two tablespoon coriander powder
- Four onions
- Two teaspoon garlic paste
- Four clove
- Five green cardamom
- One cinnamon stick
- salt as per requirements
- 2 cup of water
- Four tablespoon ghee
- 2 cup yogurt (curd)
- Two teaspoon ginger paste
- Two teaspoons red chili powder
- Three tomatoes
- Eight peppercorns
- One teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Steps To Follow:
- The first step of the mutton recipe is to clean and wash the pieces of the mutton properly. Then take a large pan on medium flame and melt ghee in the pan. Add cardamom, cloves, black peppercorns, cinnamon stick, once the ghee is well dissolved. Next, you have to sauté it for a minute and then add the chopped onions and salt. Then, you have to ginger paste along. Cook this mixture until the raw smell goes away.
- Then put in the spice mixture turmeric powder, red chili powder, and coriander powder and blend them properly. Next, add mashed tomatoes with the other ingredients and blend them well. Ensure that the tomatoes become syrupy and cook this prepared mixture until the oil in the pan splits from the masala. Now, add bits of mutton to this masala and blend properly. Make sure bits of mutton are uniformly coated with the masala.
- Now, let’s add yogurt over the mutton masala and mix well. Cook it for 4-5 minutes and then add water. Mix it well and then test the seasoning. Then, add chopped leaves of coriander together with garam masala powder. Give it a quick swirl. Let it cook for approximately 25 minutes to make sure the mutton is prepared correctly and is downright juicy. Take it off from the gas once everything is done. Now our Mutton curry is ready to get served. Serve it hot!
Loaded with spices, you can quickly say that this dish tastes just a dish of the local person from Punjab villages. While creating this lip-smacking delicacy, many people use mustard oil; but, ghee brings out the true characteristics of mutton and renders it a fantastic taste. With a mildly sour and spicy flavor, this is one of Punjabi cuisine’s most exquisite dishes everyone should try!
As now you have learned this simple yet fantastic mutton recipe, don’t forget to try it out. This mutton recipe is highly renowned and liked by people all over the country. Punjabi dishes are known for their spices, and so is this mutton recipe. This curry has lots of spices, which makes it quite remarkable. So what are you waiting for? Try it out now!