Cookies are something that is basically enjoyed with a cup of tea. However, there are no limitations to it, and you can hog all if you want. These cookies tempt everyone, from little kids to adults.
Altogether, the almond flour cookie recipe has only 7 ingredients to prepare and can be done within a hour or so. The best thing about this cookie recipe is that it is gluten-free, making it a slightly healthier food even on your cheat days. The process is making it is quite simple and can easily be prepared even by a newbie.
Recipe For Almond Flour Cookie Recipe
- 1 and 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cups of date sugar. This can depend upon how sweet you want. However, don’t exceed 1/2 cups
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 vanilla extracts. This is based on the desired flavor. You can replace it with chocolate powder if you love chocolate flavor.
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 chocolate chips. Again this depends what you like on the topping of your cookie
- Preheated oven up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Instructions For Cookie Recipe
1. Mix all the dry ingredients listed above in a bowl of enough size. These include almond flour, date sugar, and baking powder.
2. Mix all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl of enough size. These include egg, coconut oil, vanilla extract. You need to ensure that the coconut oil is melted and not that much hot because later you will have to scramble eggs already.
3. Now mix these two bowls and add your chocolate chips if you want (optional). If the mixture is too warm then the chocolate chips will melt so you need to make sure it is of the ideal temperature.
4. Set up a tray with non-stick paper on it. Now make little balls (about an inch) with that dough you just prepared by mixing the ingredients. You need to flatten the balls a little to make no cracks in them. They will expand a little so make sure you have enough space between them to avoid sticking.
5. Bake them for 10-12 minutes in the oven. Mostly it takes not more than 15 minutes to bake at that temperature (350°F) but you need to make sure you bake it till it becomes light brown.
6. Take them out of the oven and let them cool down for 5 more minutes before serving them.
7. Later after cooling down, you can drizzle or sprinkle melted chocolate chips to add an extra taste and look.
- To freeze the unbaked cookies, arrange the dough into small balls and place them on a baking sheet. Place the sheet in the freezer until the dough is firm. Later, transfer them to an airtight container and you can freeze up for 3 months.
- You can store the leftover cookies at room temperature for 4 days and freeze cookies for 3 months. But it’s never good to eat those freeze ones. To reheat them in the oven for 5 minutes till it gets warmed enough at 350°F.