Afghani cuisine is known for its finger liking and flavourful taste. There is something special about Afghani cuisine which always has us to want more. One such dish is Afghani chicken, which is cooked with special ingredients and then grilled. It takes 30 minutes to cook chicken well and you can serve this dish as starter or appetizer in a party or any other special occasion. Look below for Afghani Chicken Recipe:
Ingredients in Afghani Chicken Recipe
The fresh cream is mixed with the cashew, poppy seeds, and melon seeds and infused in chicken along with pepper and then put on a grill to cook perfectly.
If you are do not eat spicy food then this recipe is perfect fit for you as it do not include too much spices in it an mildly spicy which can be enjoyed with the mind and coriander chutney and onion rings on the side and a lemon squeezed over it.
Process to Make Afghani Chicken
- First of all wash the chicken pieces thoroughly and dry them with a clean cloth or paper towel.
- Grind all the spices together the cashew, khus khus, pepper and cardamom. Now mix lime juice, ginger, garlic, cream, cardamom, cashew nut paste, salt, pepper, and oil together in a medium sized bowl.
- Pierce the chicken pieces in 2-3 places with the help of knife and put them in a large bowl.
- Add all the ingredients in the chicken and leave them to marinate for 5-6 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat grill to medium in a tandoor or electric grill and cook the chicken till golden and serve hot.
List Of Ingredient Which You Need
- 3 1/2 pounds chicken, cut into quarters and skin removed
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons mashed ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons mashed garlic paste
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 tablespoons prepared cashew nut paste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Things To Remember While Cooking Afghani Chicken
- To let the chicken, observe the spices Pierce the chicken
- Leave the chicken to get marinate for 2-3 hours, more you will keep it more flavour it will observe.
- Don’t overcook your chicken, It you will overcook, it will lose its flavour and nutrition’s.
- Cook chicken evenly from all the side, so turn the chicken pieces once it is cooked from that side.
Serve Afghani chicken hot with the- mint chutney, onion rings and coriander. Enjoy your Afghani chicken recipe while throwing a party for your family or friends.